The North Tyrrhenian Port Network Authority has submitted 39 projects to be financed by the European Recovery Fund, set up in response to the Covid emergency.
A total of 634 million euros in contributions have been requested. The application, formulated by the Port Network Authority in close liaison with the Assoporti (the Italian Port Association) and the Ministry for Infrastructure & Transport’s dept responsible for strategic planning, infrastructure development and supervision, is based on the Infrastructure Annex to the 2020 Economic and Financial Document (DEF) named called #Italiaveloce and is divided into seven groups:
- Priority actions in the advanced project design stage included in the DEF 2020. The request is for a contribution of 18.45 million euros towards a total cost of 54.25 million.
- Priority actions included in the DEF 2020 and in the feasibility study phase. 295 million euros have been requested.
- Actions whose project design is financed under the terms of art. 202 of the Italian Government Procurement Code d.gs. 50/2016. 176.5 million euros have been requested.
- New projects not yet presented within the framework of instruments at national level. 13 million euros have been requested.
- Projects in the “Digitization of logistics and ICT” category. 3.658 million euros have been requested.
- Actions related to the development of the Italian “cold ironing” project in the ports of Livorno, Piombino and Portoferraio. 70 million euros have been requested.
- Measures to safeguard our cultural heritage. 57.4 million euros have been requested. The analysis by ports shows that, for the port of Livorno alone, non-refundable grants have been requested from the Government for a total of 363 million euros. Among the projects sent to the Ministry for Infrastructure & Transport’s dept responsible for strategic planning, infrastructure development and supervision are: reorganization of the port road network (73 million euros), remodeling the Calata Orlando and berth n. 55 (40 million euros), reprofiling of the outer layer of the curvilinear breakwater (32 million euros), the second section of the reprofiling the quaying of the approach channel on the Marzocco Tower side (13 million euros) and the new border control point (13 million euros).
228 million euros of funding has been requested for the port of Piombino This includes the completion of the work planned for the west quay of the Darsena Nord (133 million euros) and the construction of the link road to the A12 Tirrenica Highway (55 million euros).
Separate chapter for the enhancement of Livorno’s cultural heritage, where there are requests for funds for initiatives such as the restoration of the harbour defense fort (8 million euros), the enhancement of the Old Fortress (21 million euros) and functional renovation of the grain silos (28 million euros).